The DEQ-230 is a professional digital parametric/graphic 2 x 30 band stereo equalizer with high-quality DSP processors and digital converters. The variable Q factor of the filters in each equalizer allows for a very fine adjustment and thus a matching to existing acoustic conditions. Additionally, the DEQ-230 also features: delay, RMS compressor and high-pass/low-pass filters.
Each feature and adjustment can be edited and stored in individual presets directly at the unit or via the intuitive graphical user interface at the PC or via the USB interface or RS-485 interface.
Digital parametric/graphic 2 x 30 band stereo equalizer
- 2 inputs and 2 outputs (XLR, balanced)
- S/PDIF digital input stereo
- Dynamic range: > 110 dB
- Free routing of the inputs to the outputs
- Graphical user interface, PC editing software
- 24 user presets can be stored
- Remote control via USB, RS-485. With the optional USB/RS-485 converter DA-70157, it is possible to connect a PC or notebook with USB interface to the serial RS-485 interface and to address and configure several units connected to each other
- Dot matrix display with 2 x 20 characters
- VU meter with 7 LEDs for each channel, optionally for level display or limiter
- 482 mm (19") rack installation, 1 RS
Input (data for each channel):
- Gain control
Output (data for each channel):
- 30 equalizers in each output with high-shelf, low-shelf and Bell filters
- 1/24 octave steps
- Gain filter: ±15 dB each
- Variable Q factor of the filters: 0.05 to 3 in 0.05 steps
- RMS limiter, threshold: 20 dBu to -10 dBu, release time: 0.01-3 s, attack time: 5-200 ms
- Delay to be switched between time (ms) and distance (m): 849 ms max. in steps of 22 µsec. or 288 m max. in steps of 6.8 mm
- High-pass filter and low-pass filter to 24 dB/oct. according to Butterworth, Linkwitz-Riley or Bessel
- Selectable phase (180°)
- Gain control
"The DEQ-230 is a universal all-rounder with very good features. Beside the high-performance and variable 30-way equalizer, precise filters, switchable delay and RMS limiter, this little magic box provides excellent features to get the most out of your PA equipment, even in difficult acoustic conditions. Despite its many features, a clearly-arranged and easy-to-use unit could be established and with the presets, it also allows you to have a practical solution on hand quickly. The DEQ-230 is available at a more than fair price and could also be installed into a high-quality rack."
"The DEQ-230 from IMG Stage Line is a versatile digital equalizer with many additional useful features. It provides a reliable operation! ... not the slightest background noise and the unit itself barely heats up, even after hours of operation. Delay and compressor/limiter operate as desired. A special highlight is the very attractive price-performance ratio. The unit does not only provide a wide range of features, it is also of an excellent workmanship. The signal which has been converted to 24 bits/48 kHz for the DSP is of an excellent quality, thus ensuring a great sound."
+ High-quality workmanship
+ Practical features
+ Fully parametric EQ bands
+ Each parameter to be controlled via software